Saturday 29 October 2016

Part 6 What they don't tell you when you buy a 2015 Seiko Prospex Marinemaster Professional 600m Spring Drive SBDB011 JDM

Part 6...Really?


Progress report...

My SBDB011...After 20 days of wearing it...loving it more! :-). Accuracy is now +4 seconds(advanced) as compared internet time(Atomic clock, NIST time server) after about 20 days. Very accurate in my books!

Some scratches after 20 days despite being fairly careful....Diashield does offer somewhat more scratch resistance than my pure titanium Suppa Zilla bracelet as fitted to my Citizen AutoZilla. Must be the metal surface of some coffee shops I've been. The watch case remains scratch free :-)!



Second book, SEIKO DIVER'S WATCH EVOLUTION by Ikuo Tokunaga arrived! I basically look at the many hundreds of pictures, no need to know Japanese and one can still make very good info from that alone!


First one that arrived. This one is no longer in print, THE STORY OF EVOLUTION ON THE SPECIAL WATCHES OF SEIKO also by Ikuo Tokunaga.

Both my Seiko books in Japanese have arrived and I've been savoring them both...slowly and digesting as much info as I care to. Very soon I'll be apprentice Mr. Seiko San...know some talk too much :-)! Haha..I'm just an overzealous enthusiast of my new watch. Sprinkle what I say with some salt if you must.


13)

Differences between the SBDB001(2005) and the SBDB011(2015)...



How can one tell between the two models if, for instance, someone had upgraded the crown of the SBDB001 with the 'S'
to that of the "PROSPEX"
 logo?

Both are Brightz Titanium and there's no way to identify if Diashield was applied...

From the front...look at the watch dial face bottom right hand side...if the text shows:

Picture from official Seiko site. SBDB001. Look closely '-0AC0'.

Official Seiko site pic. SBDB011. Look closely '-0AW0'.


"-0AC0" then SBDB001
"-0AW0" then SBDB011


Look at the case back...if the engraved text shows:

"5R66-0AD0" then SBDB001
"5R66-0BC0" then SBDB011



Also the font size of the engraved text "TITANIUM" is same size as that of "5R66-0AD0" on the SBDB001
Web pic of SBDB001. See 'TITANIUM'.

Web pic of SBDB001. See 'TITANIUM'.

whereas on the SBDB011,
Web pic of SBDB011. 'TITANIUM' is smaller.

'TITANIUM' smaller.

the font size of "TITANIUM" on the SBDB011 is about 1/5 to 1/6 smaller than that of the SBDB001 approximately!

Tell me I'm seeing things if you don't think so...

Now we can be sure to never be confused :-).



3 comments:

  1. HI, do you have any update? Do you still like the watch? I'm considering buying a watch like this :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, do you have any update? Do you still like the watch? I'm considering buying a watch like this :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,

    thank you for your blog post about the MM600! I became just recently a happy owner of one and I am totally mesmerised by it! Your post was one trigger for the purchase when I researched the watch and it is so far the best source of information about it I found on the web! Once more thank you and I hope you are doing well.

    georg

    ReplyDelete